We are happy to announce that Instagram Stories now fully supports assets added from Media Library. Simply drag & drop or add files from Media Library in your stories editor. Stories now support any video and image format.
Media Library support for Stories
Link Carousels with CTA
We're adding another popular format for Facebook Ads in Planable. You can now create URL Carousels with Call to Action buttons!
Here's how you can use carousel ads to highlight your business, product, or story:
- Feature multiple products that link to different landing pages. Give customers more options and help raise your clickthrough rate.
- Highlight multiple features of a single product. Show different product angles or details to better educate customers.
- Tell a story. Use images in succession to illustrate a compelling narrative.
- Explain a process. Walk people through how your business works step by step.
- Sell the benefits. If your business is in the service industry, use images that show the benefits or results of becoming a customer.
Carousels with CTA can be also published as organic posts. To create carousels simply add a link to your post and on the generated thumbnail click "Create carousel".
- Fixed an issue with thumbnails showing a blank grey image for some links.
- Mobile apps now support Thumbnails with CTA and LinkedIn videos, please update the app to the latest version.
Emoji reactions for comments
We're excited to add a new feature which is both fun and useful: emoji reactions to comments. Now you don't need to send a comment to acknowledge the feedback, just select 👍 or ❤️. The whole modern emoji set is available and anyone can join the party 🥳. You can give reactions to comments using one (or more) emojis to express exactly how you're feeling.
Video and GIF support for LinkedIn
We are pleased to announce that we have finally added video & GIF support for LinkedIn posts on organization pages. Video support for LinkedIn profiles is coming soon!
Link thumbnails with CTA
We are delighted to announce that you can now create link thumbnails with a specific call to action button for your Facebook posts. Hover over your posts with a link thumbnail and select the desired call to action. You can also replace the title and description of the link, and the best part is that it's for any link, not just your verified websites! Link Thumbnails with CTA can be saved and used in Facebook Ads or published as organic posts.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Edit posts on mobile
We're excited to announce that you can now edit posts on the go with our Planable Mobile Apps. Upgrade your app to the latest version and find the edit button in the options menu. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- Fixed an issue with publishing grouped posts that include an Instagram post.
- Fixed an issue with link previews not showing for Facebook groups.
- Grouped posts are now properly displayed in List view.
- Link Carousels are not supported for Facebook groups, so we've removed it from our composer to avoid confusion.
Publish directly to Instagram via Buffer
We've just added a new integration for your Instagram business pages to finally make Instagram scheduling simple. This enables you to publish posts directly. No more mobile push notifications in the middle of the night.
Enable direct publishing — head over to your page settings.
⚠️ Note that direct publishing via Buffer works only with image feed posts. Other formats are coming soon. Stories, posts with multiple images, or videos can be published as usual via mobile app and push notifications.
More delightful scheduling and publishing experience
We have redesigned the scheduling and publishing experience to make it more intuitive and properly show the various steps in the publishing process.
- You can now see when a post is in the publishing process so you don't accidentally press "publish" twice.
- In feed view, it's now easier to select other publishing options from a dropdown menu.
- We've updated Facebook, LinkedIn icons, and colors so they match their new branding.
- If you have auto-scheduling enabled you can now revoke the approval and it will be unscheduled.
- Fixed an issue with workspace names not showing in account notifications settings.
- Fixed broken links in request approval email notifications.
- Fixed an issue with connecting some types of Facebook pages.
- Close icon was missing when previewing post assets, we've added it back.
- Emoji picker was misbehaving on certain types of posts, we've adjusted it.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate time slots showing in the post time picker.
Choose Instagram publisher
You can now set a designated team member to receive notifications for publishing posts on Instagram. You can set a default publisher for each profile or Instagram business page or pick a publisher when scheduling a post.
By default, the publisher is chosen automatically to whoever is scheduling or approving the post. Check your page settings to enable a default publisher.
You can now keep all your brand creatives in your workspace Media Library. Simply drag & drop your files in the Media library and then you (or team members) can later use the assets in posts.
You can store as many files as you need, images, gifs or videos. Uploaded files in posts are automatically copied to the media library.
Share posts with a link
You can now easily share your content with external collaborators with a special link. No sign-in is required to view content and leave feedback. Existing comments and labels will also be visible to guests.
You can easily disable the link if you no longer want to share the post.